“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” - Saint Augustine

Friday, June 24, 2011

大使对我来说意味着...

Ambassador: Noun: 1) A diplomatic official of the highest rank appointed and accredited as representative in residence by one government or sovereign to another, usually for a specific length of time. But, for Rotary Youth Exchange students, we use: 3) An authorized messenger or representative. But, being an "authorized representative" just doesn't hold meaning to me. Anyone could go out and think they are an "authorized representative," but they don't work to be so much more than the label they've been given. It is one of my goals to work as hard as I can to be more than the definition, to be an outstanding person who is willing to go beyond my comfort limits and be all I can as an Ambassador.
Being and ambassador is a life choice. It's not something that you decide to be one day and then not follow through with it. It takes people that are willing to go beyond boundaries, like the wonderful people I met at Outbound Camp. An ambassador is someone that takes the extra step to be all they can be, to take two minutes that they may not have to help someone else, someone that always shows how grateful and honored they are to be able to represent their home, city, state, and country without over thinking and forgetting to adapt to their new home, city, state, and country. Ambassadors are people that learn new ways. "There is no such thing as being abnormal. There is normal, and there is going out of your comfort zone to find someone elses  normal." I cannot wait  to stretch my limits and be all that I can be; to grow as a new person, as an Ambassador. 再见!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Alex!!! I can't wait to read your blog and experience a small part of this with you along the way.
    Mrs. Tink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Mrs. Tinklepaugh!! :D I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete